Online fraud is evolving through increasingly sophisticated means. According to data, online fraud has risen in the last 10 years and its total losses have doubled in recent years, affecting individuals and large businesses as well. Hence cybercrime has now become one of the targets of the federal investigation and is considered a very serious problem. You need to be careful when accessing the internet, especially when shopping online. In order to avoid fraud, you can shop through Ebay made easy.
Here are some tips to protect yourself from online fraud:
– Know who you’re dealing with. If you only meet someone online and are unsure of the validity of a business, take some time to do a little investigation. Do a photo search on Google or find someone else who has dealt with that person.
– Do not open suspicious emails or pop-up windows, delete them immediately. If unsure, verify contact identity with an online search. Do not use existing contact details in messages you receive.
– Be careful when doing online shopping. Be careful of offers that look too tempting and always use online shopping services that you recognize and trust. Think double before using virtual currency, because it does not have the same protection as other transaction orders, which means you can not get your money back after sending it.
– Secure your personal data. Be careful with the personal information you share on social media. Fraudsters can use information and images to create fake identities or make you a fraudulent target.
– Secure your computer and mobile device. Always use passwords, do not share access with others, update security software. Protect your WiFi network with a password and avoid using public WiFi computer or hotspot to access internet banking or provide personal information.
– Choose password carefully. Choose passwords that will be hard to guess and update regularly. Strong passwords should include a combination of capital letters and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Do not use the same password for each account, and do not share passwords with anyone.