Turmeric is known as a food supplement that has a distinctive taste and color. Not only used as a spice kitchen, people often use it to cope with various health conditions. But the question is, whether the benefits of turmeric tea powder has been tested in terms of medical?
Turmeric has a chemical compound called curcumin. The yellow dye is thought to be able to help the healing process in the body. Here are some benefits that may be obtained from turmeric.
– Osteoarthritis. Turmeric is suspected to help reduce pain in patients with osteoarthritis, a condition that causes joints to become painful, stiff, and lose flexibility. A study suggests turmeric performance is comparable to that of ibuprofen in dealing with osteoarthritis. If you want to try to reduce the pain due to osteoarthritis, you can consume turmeric extract dose 500 mg twice a day.
– Menstrual problems. Surely you often see ads containing saffron drinks and claimed to overcome the pain of menstruation. According to several studies, taking turmeric supplements can ease the pain. However, further research is needed to prove this point.
– Gastric ulcer. Some studies say stomach ulcers can be treated with turmeric.
– Dyspepsia (Maag). According to research, eating turmeric can also help reduce symptoms of flatulence in people with dyspepsia.
– Cancer. According to some studies, curcumin can reduce the growth of new blood vessels in tumors, the spread of cancer, and contribute to cancer cell death.
– Itchy skin. Based on a study, itchy skin caused by chronic kidney disease can be overcome by consuming a combination of products containing curcumin and extract of black pepper or long pepper.
Until now, no side effects have been found from the use of turmeric at low doses. A study noted that there were no side effects in people who took turmeric 490 mg every day for a week. However, turmeric consumed in excessive amounts can make the heartbeat abnormal.